Sessional EAP Tutor
- United Kingdom, Cambridge
- Cambridge Education Group
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Job Summary- To teach IELTS preparation classes and academic language support classes for arts students.
- To plan, prepare and teach strong lessons for the classroom which enthuse and inspire students of the arts, and promote enjoyment of learning.
To review full job description, please visit our website (link below).
Details of Position
Contract Details: Sessional,Fixed Term
Cambridge School of Visual and Performing Arts (CSVPA) is one of the UKs leading providers of Art & Design, Drama and Music pathway and degree programmes. Since 1985, CSVPA has been a specialist arts foundation school, and over time has grown its portfolio to include undergraduate degrees and a Masters preparation programme. Our unique and personalised approach to creative learning has given students the opportunity to develop their skills, build their confidence and progress onto some of the most prestigious Art & Design schools, music conservatoires and world-renowned drama schools.
CSVPA is part of Cambridge Education Group (CEG)
Cambridge Education Group (CEG) is one of the leading providers of pre-university academic courses and English language courses in the UK. We provide pre-university programmes including A Level, IB and University Foundation, as well as English Language Study, to the growing market of international students seeking to enter UK universities.
Qualifications- CELTA plus DELTA or MA.
- Experience of IELTS and/or EAP
- Experience of teaching for exam preparation
- At least 3 years teaching experience
- Commitment to delivering high quality lessons
- Solid classroom management skills
- Strong IT skills
- To teach IELTS preparation classes and academic language support classes for arts students.
- To plan, prepare and teach strong lessons for the classroom which enthuse and inspire students of the arts, and promote enjoyment of learning. To effectively use a variety of learning styles, having regard to the individual learning needs of arts students. To select and sequence appropriate materials, resources and approaches according to the course type and learners.
- To assess, track and provide relevant and timely feedback on achievement, progress and developmental needs to students, academic and other managers/colleagues, including student records.
- To write academic reports on students with clear formative comments and targets as to how to improve work, by deadlines given in line with college assessment cycles, and provide regular estimated grades and feedback on tests as required. Maintain effective records of lessons, grades awarded and marks given in class. Ensure accurate attendance records are kept for every lesson using the College electronic systems.
- To set, evaluate, and mark students course work, homework and other assignments promptly, and to record marks on College systems as requested, in accordance with the College Assessment and Marking Policy and procedures.
- To administer and mark placement tests, and carry out a range of formative and summative assessments as appropriate.
- To complete associated and administrative tasks to deadlines, as directed.
- To take on Personal Tutor duties for a group of students, which include but are not limited to the following: to induct students appropriately; to provide academic advice, counselling, educational guidance, and tutorial support to students, including individual learning plans as directed; to supervise students attendance and behaviour and follow up as appropriate, in accordance with the College Behaviour and Attendance policies.
- To provide work for supervised study when a student has not completed assignments, notify Course Leader EAP or relevant staff, and ensure work is marked promptly.
- To develop materials and resources, implement, support and/or lead in the production and improvement of Schemes of Work as appropriate, and undertake other academic project work as directed.
- To ensure lessons are in line with Schemes of Work (SoW) and their respective objectives, and that these are shared with students. To give feedback on materials, courses and lessons to academic and other managers/colleagues as required.
- To contribute towards the optimal utilization of learning environments, e.g. notice boards and displays to motivate and inform students.
- To attend academic, departmental and College meetings when required, and attend/deliver INSET sessions as directed. Part-time staff are required to attend meetings and may claim payment at meetings rate to do so.
- To supervise and accompany students on excursions, as appropriate, ensuring their safety and welfare at all times.
- To encourage students to participate in all sports and social activities.
- To adhere to the standards and procedures detailed in the Staff and PT Handbooks.
- To deal with student issues/emergencies as and when they arise.
- To be aware of your responsibility to promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for/come into contact with during your employment, and be fully aware of the College Child Protection Policy.
- To participate in Performance Management (PM) scheme in line with College policies and procedures.
Salary and BenefitsTo be confirmed at the interview
Cambridge Education Group
More Company Information
We are an independent school for students aged 14+ from across the world, offering A-level, GCSE and Foundation programmes to day and boarding students. The successful individual will share our vision of providing a world-class international education, as the global leaders in modern boarding, university entrance and academic English. Were part of Cambridge Education Group, and we benefit from being part of a forward looking organisation with a strong educational vision.
Click here to visit the
Cambridge Education Group website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take a highly accredited TEFL course with the established provider TEFL Org UK & become a highly employable, skilled teacher ready to work anywhere in the world within weeks. Start your TEFL adventure today.www.tefl.org.uk
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel!www.tefl.com.mx