NATIVE-LEVEL ENGLISH TEACHER REQUIRED
- Spain, Granollers, nr Barcelona, Spain
- Cambridge School
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Job SummaryCambridge School Vallès Oriental (nr Barcelona), Spain has a vacancy for a native-level English teacher for the 2017-18 academic year. The position involves teaching a mix of adult, young learner and in-company groups. We offer ongoing professional training and development as well as an excellent salary and terms and conditions.
Details of Position
All our schools have fully-equipped classrooms with interactive whiteboards, fibre-optic internet connection and access to our bank of supplementary material and resources.
Our schools offer a supportive, friendly work environment. All our new teachers are assigned a mentor to help them adapt to our systems and procedures. We provide ongoing professional training through seminars and observations which can help teachers further develop their skills. Our teaching staff of over 80 welcome new colleagues and provide the opportunity to make new friends quickly. We also offer subsidised Spanish classes for teachers.
The Vallès Oriental is situated between Barcelona (a 30min train journey away), the Montseny mountain range (also 30mins by train) and Mataro beach (30mins by bus). Most of our teachers live in Granollers, the regional capital, which has a population of around 60,000. Granollers has cinemas, gyms, parks and lots of great places to eat, drink and socialise.
We currently have one vacancy in our La Roca centre for the 2017-18 academic year to start 16th October (or sooner) until 22nd June with the option of summer work 25th June to 27th July.
Qualifications- EU nationals or non-EU nationals with legal right to work in Spain ONLY
- Teachers with native level competence and pronunciation ONLY
- CELTA or Trinity CertTesol ONLY, grade B or better preferred
- Full, clean driving licence and willingness to drive essential
- To live locally, in Granollers
Salary and BenefitsSalary
- The guaranteed minimum salary is 12,022.06 euros gross for 646hrs teaching between 16th Oct and 22nd June (20hrs per week). This is based on an hourly rate of 18.61. The annual salary is divided up as follows: 695.66 in October (you would work half the month), 1,304.37 per month from November to May, 913.06 in June (we work three-quarters of the month), plus an extra payment of 1,282.75 at the end of the contract in June.
- Teachers who work more than the 646hrs guaranteed minimum, earn extra hours over and above the guaranteed minimum salary.
- Teachers who work on our 5-week summer course (the last week of June and first four weeks of July) earn an additional 1,460.80
Holidays and benefits
-We have two weeks' holiday for Christmas and one week for Easter plus at least seven bank holidays during the year.
-Two days paid induction
-Mentoring and full professional training and development programme
-Help with finding accommodation, getting a Spanish residency number, social security number, registering with a GP and opening a bank account.
-Private health insurance for work-related conditions and full, free access to the Spanish health service for any other illnesses.
-Summer school work and the possibility of contract renewal for 2017-18 and beyond.
More Company Information
We have 8 high-quality language schools in the Vallès Oriental region near Barcelona. We have an excellent reputation and are one of the largest and fastest growing groups of schools in the region. As well as being a CELTA and DELTA training centre, we have a comprehensive teacher development programme for our team of 80+ full-time teachers. We also offer excellent pay and conditions to all our staff and career development opportunities for experienced teachers.
Click here to visit the
Cambridge School website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Over 35,000 students successfully trained, free guide to TEFL, free lesson planning workbook, access to thousands of teaching jobs. Book your TEFL course now!www.tefluk.com