EFL TEACHERS FOR CORDOBA AND MADRID
- Spain, Cordoba & Madrid
- ALBANY SCHOOL OF ENGLISH
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 2
- Degree Required
Job SummaryDUE TO EXPANSION WE ARE LOOKING FOR EFL TEACHERS FOR CORDOBA AND MADRID - Full-time & Part-time posts available.
A very comprehensive professional development programme is provided with online and face-to-face induction and development.
Successful candidates should possess strong classroom management skills, be confident and professional whilst maintaining a friendly, supportive manner with students.
Working well as part of a team is essential.
Details of Position
We offer general English courses from beginners to advanced level and also prepare students for external exams, such as Cambridge Assessment English Exams. Our students range from 3 year-olds to adult, although the vast majority of our students are children and teenagers. Students come to classes for two to three hours a week from October to May/June. In some centres children's pre-course intensive courses for 3 to 15 year-olds take place in September and there are summer intensives which are available for teachers to work.
Albany School regards its teachers as one of its most valuable assets and therefore invests time and resources to ensure that each teacher feels fully supported during their time with us. In order to help you become the best teacher you can Albany has a comprehensive Professional Development Programme (PDP) which includes:
- pre-course induction (online & face-to-face),
- internal and external training and development workshops,
- developmental observations with experienced teacher trainers & DOS;
- weekly team meetings,
- subsidised attendance of national and international conferences where appropriate;
- funding for training/development courses e.g. DELT;
- a comprehensive peer-observation programme;
- opportunities and support to get into teacher training;
- end of year developmental review.
In addition there are also workshops provided by external guest speakers on a variety of relevant topics. Our lemma is 'teaching learning' and we aim to carry that out at all levels which is why teachers are offered continuous support and advice as part of their development programme during their time with us.
Please check minimum requirements before making your application stating clearly for which position you are applying:
1 FULL-TIME EFL TEACHER - CORDOBA:
Full-time Position in semi-private schools in CORDOBA and teaching in-company classes. Vacancy for teaching young learners, teens and adults.
CONTRACT: (34 hours) From October till the end of May with options to continue in June and July.This contract involves 24 contact (teaching) hours per week. The remaining hours are dedicated to class preparation, student evaluation, teacher development sessions, one-to-one meetings with Director of Studies and carrying out administrative duties (eg. reports, registers etc).
1 PART-TIME EFL TEACHER - MADRID:
Vacancy for teaching young learners (3 to 12 yrs).
CONTRACT: (16 hours) From October till the end of May with options to continue in June and July.This contract involves 10 contact (teaching) hours per week. The remaining hours are dedicated to class preparation, student evaluation, teacher development sessions, one-to-one meetings with Director of Studies and carrying out administrative duties (eg. reports, registers etc).
Please send your CV to Janina Crusells via the link below.
- Native level speaker of English or equivalent (C2)
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- A recognised, relevant teaching qualification*
- One year relevant teaching experience with Very Young Learners (VYLs)
- A working knowledge of Spanish preferred
- EU passport or Spanish Work permit
- International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC for UK Nationals). Help given to acquire it if necessary.
- Competent computer user
- At least 2 satisfactory references
* E.g. (for the UK) CELTA; CELTYL; Cert. TESOL; PGCE (TESOL+QTS); BEd./PGCE (+ QTS & 2 years TEFL/TESOL teaching) or equivalent qualification from another country.
Salary and BenefitsSOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS: full national health insurance and social security cover.
PAID HOLIDAYS: According to the school year calendar. There are usually two weeks at Christmas, one at Easter. National and Local public holidays are honoured.
SALARY: Above the National Working Agreement and the national average for private language school:
- 1425 euros (gross) Monthly salary for 34 contract hours (24 contact hours)
- 658 euros (gross) Monthly salary for 16 contract hours (10 contact hours)
FULL ASSISTANCE OFFERED ON ARRIVAL.
We aim to reply to all applications.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For freelance applicants please consult for conditions.
ALBANY SCHOOL OF ENGLISH
Click here to visit the
ALBANY SCHOOL OF ENGLISH website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take a highly accredited TEFL course with the established provider TEFL Org UK & become a highly employable, skilled teacher ready to work anywhere in the world within weeks. Start your TEFL adventure today.www.tefl.org.uk
Train To Teach
Become TEFL qualified in sunny Malaga in southern Spain or wonderful Rome. Get your passport to live and work in Spain, Italy or anywhere around the globe. EARLY BIRD FEE!APPLY NOW!