Teach at University in Japan
- Japan, The Greater Tokyo Area and Nagoya
- Westgate Corporation
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 50
- Degree Required
Job SummaryWe have been providing conversation-based practical English lessons since 1983 and hire over 400 instructors every year. Westgate University Program is looking for individuals who are highly motivated to teach at a Japanese university or a junior college. We are a gateway to career development for highly motivated professional English instructors around the world.
Details of Position
We are seeking highly motivated educators to teach at a Japanese university. This unique opportunity is for bright teachers eager to enrich their teaching skills while realizing the dream of exploring a foreign country.
2) CONTRACT PERIOD:
March / April / May to July / August (approx. 3 to 4 months)
September to December / January / February (approx. 3 to 5 months)
3) HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit our website and fill out the online application form. There you will find more program information and any conditions that apply. Although it takes a few moments to complete the application form, you will find it worthwhile. Entering your information into our database streamlines the application process.
Qualifications- Native Level English Speaker
- University graduate with a bachelor's and/or more advanced degree and one of the following:
a) actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience along with EFL/ESL teaching certificate and/or elementary/primary/secondary teaching credentials/qualifications
b) 1000+ hours of actual EFL/ESL classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificate or credentials/qualifications
* No Japanese language ability is required.
* Non-EFL/ESL teaching experience could be considered.
Salary and Benefits1) COMPENSATION:
- 260,000 yen per month for those with less than 499 hours of actual classroom teaching experience and a teaching certificate or credentials/qualifications
- 275,000 yen per month or more for those with 500+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience and a teaching certificate or credentials/qualifications, or 1000+ hours of actual classroom teaching experience in lieu of teaching certificates or credentials/qualifications
- HOUSING is provided. We will arrange a furnished single apartment with a rental fee of 81,000 yen per month (utilities and maintenance fees included).
- FLIGHT REIMBURSEMENT in an amount of up to 1200 USD is offered for those coming from overseas.
- WORKING VISA SPONSORSHIP is available.
- RENEWABLE contract.
More Company Information
In 1983, Westgate saw a need for English language education reform in Japan. After years of English education focused on grammar and reading, university graduates were arriving unprepared in a workplace that privileges practical speaking skills. Westgate anticipated the national move towards globalization and developed education programs with a new focus on conversational English. Our program is now offered at more than 60 universities and schools in the Greater Tokyo Area and Nagoya, Japan.
Click here to visit the
Westgate Corporation website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?