DEDICATED, EXPERIENCED NATIVE LEVEL SPEAKING ENGLISH TEACHER NEEDED IN QUANG NGA
- Vietnam, Quang Ngai
- Language Link Vietnam
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Job SummaryThis is a great opportunity for someone to experience the quieter side of Vietnamese life. Quang Ngai is a small provincial town and very different from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. Close to the beach and great scenery, it is a much more laid back location.
Details of Position
Right now we are looking to employ one highly qualified and motivated teacher with experience teaching students from VYL to Adults starting in July 2017.
The teacher will be located in Quang Ngai, a small, traditional beach town with no Western restaurants etc and close to Ly Son island - one of the most beautiful islands in Vietnam. Accommodation will be provided. This position would suit someone who wants to be away from the busy city life of Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. The town is in Central Vietnam, around 4-5 hours south of Da Nang and 3 hours south of the historic town of Hoi An.
The teacher for our program in Quang Ngai must be confident in their teaching abilities and comfortable teaching all level of students, yet humble enough to accept feedback to continue growing as a teacher, and contributing greatly to our program. We expect continual feedback from our teachers to help drive the success of our program.
You'll work with our site coordinator who will oversee the program, and can expect from
15 to 20-hour classroom weeks with to-be-agreed-to additional time required for solid
preparation and organization, student communications, activity building and some out-of-classroom activities.
- Leading, engaging classes of teacher-students, held on a college campus in Quang Ngai,
- Working with a provided syllabus, adjust and add to the program academics to progress
students toward a relative B1 English level in an engaging and coordinated academic
- Creating and leading classroom activities, plus planning and organizing groups to
encourage out-of-class practice.
- Administering regular quizzes, mid-term and final tests.
- Status reports, grading, student feedback, content development.
- Track program efforts and student progress in formalized and regular documentation.
- Maintain a mature and responsible attitude in front of students, and when liaising with
administrators of the college.
NB: Due to the urgent nature of the position candidates must already be located in Vietnam or able to arrive immediately. Unfortunately we will not be considering candidates looking to relocate to Vietnam in xx weeks/months.
Qualifications- AT LEAST two years of classroom experience with established class management skills,
plus additional work experience demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- A genuine commitment to education and understanding of non-western perspectives.
- Humble and confident, strong internal drive and mature social and communication
skills. In other words, an aptitude for being a valuable participant of a team.
- For this position, a commitment of at least six months to a year. This is non-negotiable.
- A focus on helping students obtain a Cambridge B1 Certificate through the PET exam
they will take after five months under your tutelage.
- Flexibility and adaptability are key.
And of course:
- A relevant and reputable teaching certificate or degree (Cambridge preferred), plus
- A BA/BS degree in any subject.
- A clean Police Clearance Check.
- Must be a native level English speaker.
- Verifiable references.
Salary and Benefits- A higher than average hourly salary plus base salary to cover non-classroom prep time.
- For this position, convenient, full accommodation will be provided.
- Visa and work permit support
- Direct deposit for salary; setup of local bank account if needed
- Great professional support
- Sick days and holidays off
- Vietnamese state medical card, with 24/7 emergency assistance
- Ongoing training
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to teacher's room and resources library
- Motorbike provided for in-town use
Language Link Vietnam
More Company Information
Language Link Vietnam is an international teaching group with its headquarters in London and more than 120 centres worldwide. Language Link Vietnam was established in 1996 to train students in General English, Business English, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Cambridge examinations. It also offers highly effective language and skills training for the corporate sector.
Click here to visit the
Language Link Vietnam website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take a highly accredited TEFL course with the established provider TEFL Org UK & become a highly employable, skilled teacher ready to work anywhere in the world within weeks. Start your TEFL adventure today.www.tefl.org.uk
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel!www.tefl.com.mx