DEDICATED, EXPERIENCED NATIVE-LEVEL-SPEAKING ENGLISH TEACHER NEEDED P/T IN HCMC
- Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City
- Language Link Vietnam
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Job SummaryOur new Blended Learning English Program is growing in Ho Chi Minh City and we need
another committed part-time teacher, with the likelihood of it growing into full-time in the future.
Details of Position
Key to the success of the program is our teachers. Our team of native English-speaking teachers are experienced, mature, organized and passionate about teaching. Beyond the basics of what makes a good teacher, we need a teaching team that is even more. The teachers on the team we are assembling must be dedicated to the value of education and their role in it, and dedicated to working with others to create fun, energetic classes that tie into the overall curricula. The teachers for our program must be confident in their teaching abilities and commanding in front of a large classroom of young adult learnersyet humble enough to accept feedback from teammates to continue growing as a teacher, and contributing greatly to our program. In fact, you'll be helping form the program as your experiences and continual feedback will absolutely drive its growth as we expand it throughout Vietnam.
In addition to scheduled class time with teachers, students will spend guided and solo time on our online learning platform. You'll of course be trained on the platform, but the
team needs to become comfortable with the interface and maintain a very regular, active presence on it so students see it as live and engaging. This is crucial. In addition to the other foreign and Vietnamese teachers on the team, you'll work closely with our on-site coordinator and less often with our program manager, who oversees the program from Hanoi. Teachers can expect to have 12 to 20-hour classroom weeks with to-be-agreed-to additional time required for solid preparation and organisation, student communications, activity building and some out-of- classroom activities.
- Leading, engaging classes of 50 students, held on a college campus in District 9, Ho Chi Minh with the support of a Vietnamese English teacher.
- Working with the provided syllabus, adjust and add to the program academics to progress students through beginner, elementary and pre-intermediate levels in an engaging and coordinated academic environment.
- Creating and leading classroom activities, plus planning and organising groups to encourage out-of- class practice.
- Administering regular quizzes, mid-term and final tests.
- Participating in training workshops, meetings and occasional dinner hash sessions.
- Status reports, grading, student feedback, some content development.
NB: Due to the PT initial nature of the position, candidates must already be located in Vietnam and ideally in HCMC (or able to relocate at very short notice). We will not be considering candidates looking to relocate to Vietnam in xx weeks/months.
Qualifications- AT LEAST two years of classroom experience with established class management skills, plus additional work experience demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- A genuine commitment to education and understanding of non-western perspectives.
- Humble yet confident, strong internal drive and mature social and communication skills. In other words, an aptitude for being a valuable participant of a team. This is supremely
- Commitment of at least one year. This is non negotiable.
And of course:
- A relevant and reputable teaching certificate or degree, plus
- A BA/BS degree in any subject.
- A clean Police Clearance Check.
- Must be a native level English speaker.
- Verifiable references.
Salary and BenefitsLanguage Link Vietnam provides:
- A higher than average hourly salary
- Visa and Work Permit support (fully funded for FT)
- Setup of a local, international bank account
- Direct deposit for salary
- Great professional support
- Sick days and holidays off
- Welfare team support, with 24/7 emergency assistance
- Ongoing training
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to teacher's room and resources library
Language Link Vietnam
More Company Information
Language Link Vietnam is an international teaching group with its headquarters in London and more than 120 centres worldwide. Language Link Vietnam was established in 1996 to train students in General English, Business English, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and the Cambridge examinations. It also offers highly effective language and skills training for the corporate sector.
Click here to visit the
Language Link Vietnam website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Build up your classroom confidence: assessed teaching practice, individual help, support and professional feedback by experienced Cambridge CELTA tutors. Very high pass rate. Register now and get EARLY BIRD discount. Special package with accommodation included.www.teflcertificates-avo.com