- Italy, Reggio di Calabria
- International House British School Reggio Cal.
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 1
Job SummaryEFL TEACHER required at a leading school (est. 1964) in South Italy, member of IH (International House World Organisation), AISLI Member and Cambridge Platinum Authorised Centre.
Excellent opportunities for professional development, including fully-subsidised DELTA Module 1 or 3 and opportunity to be trained as a Cambridge Speaking Examiner for teachers whose experience matches Cambridge requirements.
October start with renewable contract.
Details of Position
As an EFL teacher, you will plan and deliver effective and engaging English lessons to the students of the school. The majority of classes are with learners aged under 18, although there is also the possibility to teach adults.
Working with us provides the opportunity to:
- develop your teaching in a friendly but professional environment where there is a variety of class types and ages to help you broaden your experience.
- Learn from peers (there is a full-time teaching staff of 18, including Senior Teachers, a Young Learner Coordinator, and a Director of Studies), whose experience is wide and varied.
- Develop through regular observations, appraisals, and professional development sessions both in-house and through the IH network.
- Become a Cambridge ESOL Speaking Examiner (dependent upon experience).
- Access a wealth of resources, including Interactive Whiteboards, Computer rooms, data projectors, and an up-to-date and well-stocked library.
- Settle into the school and the city by attending a fully-paid, four-day induction period.
- Possibility to attend the IH Young Learner Teaching Certificate course, or another IH Online course of your choice
- For teachers with three or more years experience, the school will offer a fully-subsidised DELTA Module 1 or 3 (subject to your application being accepted by the DELTA provider)
The teaching load is, on average, 24 contact hours per week. An additional 3 hours per week are dedicated to professional development, admin and meetings.
Founded in 1964, the British School of Reggio Calabria joined the IH network in 2015. The IH network has 160 schools in 52 countries and all its member schools have to meet the highest educational standards. As a member of AiSLi (a highly-regarded association of English Language Schools in Italy) & a Cambridge English Platinum centre, the school is committed to providing quality language courses and exam preparation.
The school has a student-centred approach and also places great importance on the professional development of all its members of staff. This year for example, leading names in the ELT industry, such as Adrian Underhill, will be leading workshops just for teachers of our school. The students range in age from preschoolers to adults and the Young Learner department in particular has seen a steady increase over the past few years. Please note, however, that for this position, the youngest age you might be required to teach would be 8 years old.
In addition to courses held on the school premises, courses are organised in local primary and secondary schools, as well as kindergartens. The school also runs regular teacher training workshops and seminars for teachers in public schools.
Reggio is right on the toe of Italy, just across from Sicily, and its museum is home to the world-famous Bronzi di Riace two full-size, Greek, bronze statues dating back to 460 BC. Reggio has a Mediterranean climate and the temperature rarely drops below 10 degrees. With its proximity to the Aspromonte mountain range, and in particular Gambarie, you can easily visit the mountains and the sea in the same day. Like most places in Italy, the food is great and the restaurants in Calabria are especially renowned for their abundant portions and never-ending antipasti!
QualificationsCambridge CELTA or Trinity TESOL certificate is essential.
An ability to motivate, and interact with, young people is essential.
As some of the teaching involves external (off-site) courses, the role does require a certain amount of flexibility, so the ability to deal with changes in a positive manner is essential.
Salary and Benefits* Minimum monthly net salary of 1050 Euros (minimum is for a newly-qualified teacher. Experienced teachers can expect a higher salary, dependent upon experience)
* End-of-contract bonus of approximately one month's net salary
* Up to 200 Euros reimbursed for flight back to country of origin at end of contract
* 20 days paid holiday (pro rata)
* Up to 20 days paid sick leave, upon presentation of a valid medical certificate
* Accommodation found within walking distance of the school at a cost of approximately 25-35% of monthly salary
International House British School Reggio Cal.
Click here to visit the
International House British School Reggio Cal. website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take a highly accredited TEFL course with the established provider TEFL Org UK & become a highly employable, skilled teacher ready to work anywhere in the world within weeks. Start your TEFL adventure today.www.tefl.org.uk
Train To Teach
Over 35,000 students successfully trained, free guide to TEFL, free lesson planning workbook, access to thousands of teaching jobs. Book your TEFL course now!www.tefluk.com