A great opportunity for a Director of Studies at a NEAS accredited language school in Indonesia
- Indonesia, Surabaya, East Java
- IALF Surabaya
- Experience: 5 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Job SummaryThe IALF is the leading quality language training organisation in Indonesia with centres in Jakarta, Surabaya and Bali, and the only one to be accredited by NEAS International in Australia.
Specializing in IELTS preparation courses, EAP and pre-departure skills, IALF Surabaya has a vacancy for a qualified and experienced Director of Studies for a start in October or November 2017.
Details of Position
Set up in 1997, IALF Surabaya is the IELTS Test Centre for East Java and specializes in IELTS preparation courses, EAP, and pre-departure skills for public and donor-funded students. The centre also offers general English and Indonesian programs for adults. IALF students are of high school age and above, and most are preparing either for study overseas or for career development.
IALF Surabaya is currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Director of Studies to manage a committed team of teachers and further develop courses that meet the needs of a varied and interesting range of clients and customers.
- Academic management of all language training programs
- Efficient and effective administration of all programs in liaison with the Program Officer
- Recruitment, induction, performance evaluation and professional development of teaching staff
- Supervision of student self-access Study Centre
- Regular involvement in centre management as part of the Senior Management team
- Emergency relief teaching as required
- Deputize for the Manager in his/her absence
(Visit our website for a complete terms of reference).
QualificationsIrrespective of qualifications and experience, Indonesian visa regulations dictate that IALF may only consider applicants holding passports from countries in which English is recognized officially as the first language. IALF is not in a position to respond to applicants that do not meet these requirements.
Essential qualifications & experience:
1. Postgraduate qualifications in English Language Teaching, at Diploma level (e.g. DELTA) at least; preferably at Masters level.
2. Extensive experience in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), and an understanding of current language teaching methodologies.
3. Familiarity with the assessment and evaluation of language and language teaching.
4. Experience as IELTS Examiner and in the design and delivery of IELTS Preparation courses.
5. Experience in teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
6. Experience in syllabus and materials design, and in overseeing the design and delivery of courses preparing students for overseas study.
7. Management and supervisory experience, including: leading a team of teachers; sharing knowledge; coaching and mentoring colleagues; skills transfer.
8. Experience in observing teachers and giving feedback, and providing support to teachers.
9. Report-writing skills: reporting on student progress and evaluating course outcomes.
10. Sound IT skills, and an interest in blended learning approaches and technologies.
11. Demonstrated interpersonal, relation management and negotiation skills in a culturally and linguistically diverse environment.
12. Demonstrated analytical, reporting, problem-solving and risk management skills.
13. Experience working in a developing country.
Desired qualifications & experience:
1. Experience working in Indonesia.
2. Bahasa Indonesia language skills.
3. Experience in teaching English for Specific Purposes (ESP).
4. Experience in curriculum management.
5. Interest in international education.
6. Experience in Teacher Training and Training of Trainers (TOT) for tertiary or adult learners.
Salary and BenefitsContracts are offered for two years, with an initial probationary period of 3 months. Applicants who meet selection criteria will be invited to interview and sent details of remuneration.
More Company Information
The Indonesia Australia Language Foundation (IALF) is the leading quality language training organisation in Indonesia, and the only language training organisation in the country which is accredited by NEAS International. Established by the governments of Indonesia and Australia, the IALF is a non-profit, fee-for-service organisation committed to providing high quality education and training services throughout Indonesia and the Asia Pacific region. The IALF currently trains approximately 800 full-time and 6,000 part-time students a year. Over the past 25 years it has established a reputation as the leading language training organisation in South East Asia. The IALF has language centres in Jakarta, Surabaya and Denpasar, with supporting outposted personnel in more remote locations. The IALF employs approximately 200 staff, including over 50 teachers of English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Click here to visit the
IALF Surabaya website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?