English Teacher, Science Teacher and Academic Coordinator
- China, Xiamen, China
- International Sunshine Home
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 6
- Degree Required
Job SummaryTeachers are expected to assist with:
1. Mission -- Deliver a quality educational experience on a daily basis;
2. Ethos -- Create a culture of respect and positivity for students, staff and parents;
3. Leadership -- Serves as a dynamic presence both inside and outside of the classroom;
4. Teaching -- Offer classes appropriate to the curriculum and the ability of the students; and,
5. Curriculum -- Help to refine and evolve the School’s educational materials.
Details of Position
The qualities that we seek in our teachers are: professionalism, high energy, a positive attitude and a love of children. The work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (for select English teachers).
We provide a curriculum, an academic outline (in 3-week blocks), sample lesson plans, suggested in-class activities and various printable materials. We invite qualified teachers to tailor the class to their strengths and preferences.
The class size for all our classes is capped at 18 students, with two assistant teachers for each class. The student-teacher ratio is 6:1. Teachers are given 3 hours of prep time for every 4 hours of class and a one-hour break per day.
Xiamen is a subtropical island in the Taiwan Strait just off the coast of mainland China. Our summers are warm and our winters are cool but it never snows. The climate, the weather and the size of the city are similar to San Diego, California. Yes, we have Starbucks. Xiamen is often cited as one of China's most livable cities.
QualificationsWe can only hire teachers that are eligible for Z or work visas in Fujian per the Board of Education’s requirements. That means that English teachers must have the following: university degree, TEFL/TESOL certificate, 2 years of formal teaching experience and a passport from a native-English speaking country.
Salary and BenefitsCompensation
• Salary - Up to 13,000 yuan per month (dependent on certifications and experience)
• Moving stipend - 2,500 yuan per month (with first paycheck)
• Airfare - Half at 6 months, half at 12 months
• Visa - Costs repaid at end of probation
• Insurance - Comprehensive insurance
• Holidays - 21 personal days, 1 religious day, 11 national holidays
• Re-sign incentive - 1 month's salary (half at 15 months, half at 21 months)
• Annual raise - up to 10 percent, based on performance review
• Free Chinese classes
Our cumulative second-year pay is a significant bump that can exceed 20 percent (bonus plus raise) because we like to encourage teacher retention.
International Sunshine Home
More Company Information
International Sunshine Home is often cited as Xiamen’s premier bilingual school for younger children. Opened in 2010, Sunshine Home has a robust curriculum and teaching approach that relies on a Western approach -- positive reinforcement, emphasis on creativity and small class sizes. The Montessori method is an important inspiration for Sunshine Home. The school focuses extensively on language development & science skills. Classes have at least three staff members for each group of 18 students.
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?