Director of Studies
- United Kingdom, London WC1A 2DB
- Bloomsbury International UK Ltd
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Job SummaryThe Director of Studies will be responsible for the development of both teaching cohort and provision, the quality of the academic service provided and for ensuring standards of excellence are maintained.
The Director of Studies works closely with the Sales team and Centre Manager; excellent communication skills are essential.
This role would suit a friendly, efficient leader with a strong interest in the TEFL industry and teacher development.
Details of Position
1. Planning, advertising and interviewing teachers in order to fully meet the demands of the school timetable.
2. Ensuring the quality of teaching and instruction meets with the school ethos of ‘Academic Excellence’ at all times.
3. To maintain the standards of the academic area at all times.
4. Ensuring that students’ satisfaction with the academic programme exceeds high expectations.
5. Dealing with student complaints on academic matters as directed by the Principal.
6. Representing the school to the British Council as directed by the Principal.
7. Ensuring academic enquiries are dealt with appropriately.
8. Timetabling: both group and one-to-one classes.
9. Timetabling: to consult with the Principal regarding any significant changes to the timetable and/or teachers’ hours.
10. Timetabling: to produce accurate registers for each lesson.
11. To keep the Principal informed of any issues affecting the smooth running and/or reputation of the school.
12. To maintain a respectful relationship with everybody, including colleagues, clients, agencies and persons requiring the services of the school.
13. To hold regular staff meetings and ensure staff attendance.
14. To ensure all staff maintain current academic policies and practices put into place by the Principal and to conduct regular checks.
15. Understand the need to keep sensitive information confidential.
16. Demonstrate confidentiality.
17. To maintain accurate files and records.
18. To cover classes when no other teachers are available.
19. To refer all commercial decisions to the Principal for consideration.
COURSE DEVELOPMENT - Responsibility for:
20. To develop and improve the academic provision of the school.
21. To write course descriptions.
22. To design syllabi for new and existing courses.
23. To develop new courses.
24. Ensuring staffing for new and existing courses is adequate.
25. Ensuring materials for new and existing courses are adequate.
TEACHER DEVELOPMENT - Overall responsibility for:
26. Design and implementation of the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme for teachers.
27. Induction of new teachers.
28. Advice and support on teaching matters as required.
29. Keeping accurate records of teachers’ absences.
30. To ensure that the teachers complete all the necessary administration pertaining to lessons, registers and timesheets for example.
31. Observations: to routinely undertake a programme of quality focused and developmental focused observations, with the support of the ADoS.
32. Selecting & ordering journals and methodology books.
33. Receiving and acting on regular feedback from teachers and students.
34. Giving teachers advice and guidance on internal and external training opportunities, workshops and seminars.
35. Ensuring that teachers are informed of recent developments in EFL.
Other skills and attributes:
36. To maintain a positive approach to the school, its courses and student body at all times.
37. To represent and promote the school favourably at every opportunity.
38. To constantly be aware of improving standards and adapt to them where possible.
QualificationsDELTA & Degree
Salary and BenefitsCirca £35,000 per annum
Bloomsbury International UK Ltd
More Company Information
Bloomsbury International UK Ltd as an independent English Language School located in central London aims to provide students with a practical and meaningful use of the English language with courses adapted to meet their needs and to ensure students develop the ability to express themselves successfully and confidently in English. We are committed to providing the best possible learning experience for all our students and teacher trainees in a friendly, safe and comfortable environment, where the
Click here to visit the
Bloomsbury International UK Ltd website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Join our TEFL course and start working in Prague right away! Accredited TEFL training with focus on teaching practice. Highly experienced trainers, friendly staff, job guarantee for successful graduates.www.teflinprague.com
Train To Teach
Learn to Teach English Abroad with our accredited, tutor assisted, all-inclusive Online TEFL/TESOL Courses – Certificate & Master Diploma. Teach and Travel the World. View our Specials - Enroll Today.www.onlinecoursestefl.com