English Camp Counselors in France Autumn 2017
- France, multiple locations
- Nacel - American Village
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 21
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Job SummaryNo French is required. This is not a formal teaching position, please don't apply if you only want to do classroom teaching (you may not like this job).
All counselors lead games & activities. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care. Working here is a good first ESL job, providing experience :
- Light lesson planning (2 hrs of class daily)
- Using ESL games & TPR techniques
- Working with young learners
- Getting experience overseas
Details of Position
Now hiring :
15 language counselors for American Village from September 15 - October 28, 2017
7 language counselors for British Village from October 19 - 28, 2017
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are native level English speakers & love working with children. Our English-immersion camps have been creating a positive environment where it is fun, natural & necessary to use English since 1993!
We run camps from February & October at a variety of locations across France. A typical work contract is 4 or 8 weeks. All the camp dates are available on our recruitment website!
QualificationsWe only seek camp counselors who are native level English speakers.
- Some camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience is required
- Clear criminal history
- High school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country & correct grammar and spelling on application.
- Be a "people-person", and genuinely like children.
- Know enough about American or British History and Culture to brainstorm themed activities and skits.
- Be a team player, be organized, and be able to disconnect from technology during working hours (no smartphones while with the kids).
- Be capable of organizing activities : sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
- Be excited about performing in skits, telling stories, leading songs & cheers, etc.
- Be receptive to learning about our approach to teaching English, and implementing it in the classroom!
* We cannot sponsor long-term, work, or tourist visas. Applicants must come from countries that have tourist travel access (USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) or come from EU countries.
*We only hire native level English speakers for these positions.
Salary and Benefits- A salary for all days worked : 1170 Euros / month .
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
- No fees associated with the obtainment of your temporary work permit.
- All counselors may request a 50€ defrayal of train travel to their village.
- Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
- Nacel will pay any work-related transportation costs if the counselor has to change work locations.
Nacel - American Village
More Company Information
American Village Camps are owned and managed by Nacel, and belong to the Go&Live corporate group. The Go&Live group promotes learning through active participation, cultural exchange and linguistic immersion. American Village camps were created in 1993. They are for French children, 7 to 17 years old. Our English-immersion camps create a positive environment where it is fun, natural & necessary to use English. The majority of our camps are American-themed. We have some British-themed camps, too!
Click here to visit the
Nacel - American Village website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Join our TEFL course and start working in Prague right away! Accredited TEFL training with focus on teaching practice. Highly experienced trainers, friendly staff, job guarantee for successful graduates, accommodation, airport pickup, visa and housing assistance.www.teflinprague.com