- Italy, Reggio di Calabria
- International House School srl
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 2
Details of Position
As an EFL teacher, you will plan and deliver effective and engaging English lessons to the students of the school. The majority of classes are with learners aged under 18, although there is also the possibility to teach adults.
We are currently recruiting for the following two positions:
EFL TEACHER (YOUNG AND VERY YOUNG LEARNERS) - mainly involves teaching learners aged between 4 and 12
EFL TEACHER (TEENAGERS) - mainly involves teaching learners aged between 12 and 18, including exam preparation up to advanced level.
Working with us provides the opportunity to:
- develop your teaching in a friendly but professional environment where there is a variety of class types and ages to help you broaden your experience.
- Learn from peers (there is a full-time teaching staff of 17, including Senior Teachers, a Young Learner Coordinator, and a Director of Studies), whose experience is wide and varied.
- Develop through regular observations, appraisals, and professional development sessions both in-house and through the IH network.
- Become a Cambridge ESOL Speaking Examiner (dependent upon experience).
- Access a wealth of resources, including Interactive Whiteboards, Computer rooms, data projectors, and an up-to-date and well-stocked library.
- Settle into the school and the city by attending a fully-paid, four-day induction period.
- Possibility to attend the IH Young Learner Teaching Certificate, or another IH Online course of your choice
- For teachers with three or more years’ experience, the school will offer a fully-subsidised DELTA Module 1 or 3 (subject to your application being accepted by the DELTA provider)
The teaching load is, on average, 24 contact hours per week. An additional 3 hours per week are dedicated to professional development, admin and meetings.
Founded in 1964, the British School of Reggio Calabria joined the IH network in 2015. The IH network has 160 schools in 52 countries and all its member schools have to meet the highest educational standards. As a member of AiSLi (a highly-regarded association of English Language Schools in Italy) & a Cambridge English Platinum centre, the school is committed to providing quality language courses and exam preparation.
The school has a student-centred approach and also places great importance on the professional development of all its members of staff. The students range in age from preschoolers to adults and the Young Learner department in particular has seen a steady increase over the past few years.
In addition to courses held on the school premises, courses are organised in local primary and secondary schools, as well as kindergartens. The school also runs regular teacher training workshops and seminars for teachers in public schools.
Reggio is right on the “toe” of Italy, just across from Sicily, and its museum is home to the world-famous “Bronzi di Riace” – two full-size, Greek, bronze statues dating back to 460 BC. Reggio has a Mediterranean climate and the temperature rarely drops below 10 degrees. With its proximity to the Aspromonte mountain range, and in particular Gambarie, you can easily visit the mountains and the sea in the same day. Like most places in Italy, the food is great and the restaurants in Calabria are especially renowned for their abundant portions and never-ending antipasti!
QualificationsCambridge CELTA or Trinity TESOL certificate is essential.
An ability to motivate, and interact with, young people is essential.
As some of the teaching involves external (off-site) courses, the roles do require a certain amount of flexibility, so the ability to deal with changes in a positive manner is essential.
Salary and Benefits* Minimum monthly net salary of 1050 Euros (minimum is for a newly-qualified teacher. Experienced teachers can expect a higher salary, dependent upon experience)
* End-of-contract bonus of approximately one month's net salary
* Up to 200 Euros reimbursed for flight back to country of origin at end of contract
* 20 days paid holiday (pro rata)
* Up to 20 days paid sick leave, upon presentation of a valid medical certificate
* Accommodation found within walking distance of the school at a cost of approximately 25-35% of monthly salary
International House School srl
via Argine destro Annunziata,13
- +39 0965 20024
- +39 0965 28000
Click here to visit the
International House School srl website
- Contact person:
- Lucie Cotterill, Academic Director
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Join our TEFL course and start working in Prague right away! Accredited TEFL training with focus on teaching practice. Highly experienced trainers, friendly staff, job guarantee for successful graduates, accommodation, airport pickup, visa and housing assistance.www.teflinprague.com