LAST CALL! ENGLISH LANGUAGE ASSISTANTS IN SPANISH SCHOOLS (NO EXPERIENCE NEED)
- Spain, Placements all over Spain
- Multilingual Education Development & Support
- Experience: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Positions: 20
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Becoming a Language Assistant in a Spanish school with Meddeas is a unique experience that will stay with you forever. During one academic year, you will enrol a structured programme and cooperate in one of our more than 200 educational centres for 20 teaching hours a week. Gain international experience and add transferable skills to your CV. Take advantage of this opportunity to discover a new culture and language, paying no fees and with a guaranteed monthly income, which is more than enough for living in Spain as a student.
Starting dates available:
- September 2017 until June 2018
So what does Meddeas offer you?
According to your background and interests, there is a Meddeas’ programme for you that will include a University certified course.
• Qualifications: degree in English OR any degree + TEFL course OR degree in Education
• Conversation practice with up to 28 pupils
• Monthly grant is 912 Euros per month OR 462 Euros per month + full board accommodation with a host family
• Qualifications: any degree
• Conversation practice with up to 14 pupils
• Monthly grant is 862 Euros per month OR 412 Euros per month + full board accommodation with a host family
There are two lodging options: full board accommodation with a host family or independently housing, depending on your own interests. Families in these programmes are linked to the school and chosen by its principal. In fact, they host the Language Assistant on a volunteer basis to experience a cultural and linguistic immersion. Partly because of these obligations with the family, the assistants living with a host family will be teaching at the school for 4 days a week. During the programme, the family will cover meals and accommodation expenses.
QualificationsDesirable candidate profile:
• Native-level English speaker.
• Recent graduates (last four years)
• No previous teaching experience needed.
• Someone who enjoys working with children and / or young people.
• Energetic and imaginative.
• With no criminal records.
• Competence in the Spanish language is recommended, but not necessary.
Salary and BenefitsPerks of the Programmes
• Join a Spanish school as a Language Assistant teaching 20-24 hours per week.
• Take a certified course given by a Spanish university, which could be a 20 ECTS Expert in Bilingual Education course or a 6 ECTS TEFL or AMET course (paid by the programme).
• Receive a guaranteed monthly allowance, more than enough to live in Spain as a student.
• Have health insurance covered by the program (EU citizens).
• Obtain help with the visa application process and opening a bank account.
• Participate in a programme ran by a serious and professional organisation.
• Get advice from the school’s designated Tutor.
• Get initial training and participate in teaching workshops.
• Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the programme.
• Teach children aged two to eighteen –learners' English levels range from beginner to advanced.
• Enjoy paid school holidays (except for the summer period).
Multilingual Education Development & Support
More Company Information
Multilingual Education Development and Support (Meddeas) is a leading organization specialized in giving support services to Spanish bilingual schools, providing consultancy, selecting language teachers and managing language assistant programs
Pol. Ind. Mutilva calle E-3, 1D
- +34 948 983 539
- +34 948 983 539
Click here to visit the
Multilingual Education Development & Support website
- Contact person:
- Maria Cabrera, International Relations Adviser
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Join our TEFL course and start working in Prague right away! Accredited TEFL training with focus on teaching practice. Highly experienced trainers, friendly staff, job guarantee for successful graduates, accommodation, airport pickup, visa and housing assistance.www.teflinprague.com