Summer 2017 Young Learner Programme in Haiphong,Vietnam (Accommodation provided)
- Vietnam, Hai Phong, Vietnam
- Apollo Education and Training Vietnam
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 6
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Details of Position
***Free accommodation for all of your summer contract!
***$300 flight allowance paid on arrival in Vietnam!
***Visa arrangements and costs taken care of!
***End of summer contract completion bonus!
We have a significant number of vacancies to cover our extensive summer programme. Contracts include a short induction, classroom observations and a short training programme before teaching starts. Our friendly team offers ongoing academic support throughout the summer.
At Apollo you can expect:
• Commitment to professional development and high-quality teaching standards
• A wide range of resources and modern facilities
• A variety of courses and learners
• Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
Inductions will start throughout July and accommodation will be provided from the day before the induction begins. It is crucial that teachers arrive in Vietnam no less than one day before the induction start date to get settled in and be ready to start the induction and training (this is non-negotiable).
Teachers will be teaching the young learner summer programme from kindergarten through to teens. Depending on the placement centre, some teachers may be asked to teach the extra-curricular activities programme.
Classes are scheduled between 7.30am and 10.00pm Monday to Friday, 7:30am and 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday; teachers may be scheduled anytime during these hours. Generally, teachers are timetabled to work on average of 4-6 hours per day, 5 days a week, with two consecutive days off.
Placement testing and attendance at extra-curricular activities are paid at an administrative rate (2 administrative hours = 1 teaching hour.). Normal administrative duties such as preparing for classes, marking tests, writing reports, attending in-house training and meetings, etc. are considered part of teaching duties and therefore there is no extra remuneration for these.
Please visit our website for more information about working at Apollo and living in Vietnam.
QualificationsEssential requirements for all teaching positions:
• CELTA / Trinity TESOL or equivalent (100% online TEFL certificates will not be accepted)
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Full mastery of English
• A willingness to teach across our full range of classes
• Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
• Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
• 4 months’ validity on passport
• Experience of teaching young learners desirable
Salary and BenefitsOwing to varying programmes there are currently three contract lengths available. The rates below are in Vietnamese Dong (VND) and represent the total amount paid over the duration of the contract. Payment during the contract is paid every two weeks.
10 working weeks (11 weeks total):
• 45,000,000VND / ten weeks of teaching
• Contract completion bonus of 6,750,000
• Teachers are contracted for 200 teaching hours over the period of the contract*. Overtime is calculated and paid at the end of the contract on any teaching hours over the 200 contracted hours.
12 working weeks (13 weeks total):
• 54,000,000VND / twelve weeks of teaching
• Contract completion bonus of 8,437,500VND
• Teachers are contracted for 240 teaching hours over the time of the contract*. Overtime is calculated and paid at the end of the contract on any teaching hours over the 240 contracted hours.
14 working weeks (15 weeks total):
• 63,000,000VND / fourteen weeks of teaching
• Contract completion bonus of 10,125,000VND
• Teachers are contracted for 280 teaching hours over the time of the contract*. Overtime is calculated and paid at the end of the contract on any teaching hours over the 280 contracted hours.
*Please note that owing to the Summer School market in Vietnam, teachers on longer contracts may teach more hours during the first 8-10 weeks of their stay to reach the target teaching hours. These hours may then be balanced with fewer teaching hours during the last 4-6 weeks depending on demand.
All contracts include:
• Overtime rate at 430,000VND per hour paid for any hours taught over contracted hours
• Accommodation provided at a local hotel for entire contract length
• Meet & greet at the airport. Transportation to and from the airport on arrival and departure
• Flight allowance of up to 6,750,000VND (paid on arrival)
• Visa arrangement and costs
*Please note that all salaries and bonuses are subject to Vietnamese tax laws
Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Mr. Tim Barker via the link below. Your application should include a cover letter , your updated CV (with your current photo) in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application if teachers plan to stay in Vietnam after summer to work for Apollo, photocopies will not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apollo Education and Training Vietnam
More Company Information
Apollo English has been teaching English to students across Vietnam since 1995. Our aim is to be a place where the best become better, and that applies to our teaching staff as well as our students. We offer excellent teaching resources, professional development opportunities, support from an experienced and qualified academic management team and a comprehensive HR relocation support. We are seeking teachers committed to learning and developing as professionals to join our teams across Vietnam.
181-183-185 Pho Hue, Pho hue ward, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi
- (844) 730 02 999
- (844) 397 66 900
Click here to visit the
Apollo Education and Training Vietnam website
- Contact person:
- Mr Tim Barker, Recruitment Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
The International TEFL Institute offers accredited, tutor assisted, all-inclusive Online TEFL Courses – Certificate 120 hrs & Master Diploma 250 hrs. Teach English Abroad and Travel the World. Enroll Today.Click to find out more.