EFL TEACHERS FOR CORDOBA AND MADRID
- Spain, Cordoba & Madrid
- ALBANY SCHOOL OF ENGLISH
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 4
- Degree Required
Details of Position
We offer general English courses from beginners to advanced level and also prepare students for external exams, such as Cambridge Assessment Exams. Our students range from 3 years old to adult, although the vast majority of our students are children and teenagers. Students come to classes for two to three hours a week from October to May. Children's pre-course intensive courses for 3 to 15 year-olds take place in September and there are summer intensives.
Albany School regards its teachers as one of its most valuable assets and therefore invests time and resources to ensure that each teacher feels fully supported during their time with us. In order to help you become the best teacher you can Albany has a comprehensive Professional Development Programme (PDP) which includes:
● pre-course induction (online & face-to-face),
● internal and external training and development workshops,
● developmental observations with experienced teacher trainers & DOS;
● weekly team meetings,
● subsidised attendance of national and international conferences where appropriate;
● funding for training/development courses e.g. DELT;
● a comprehensive peer-observation programme;
● opportunities and support to get into teacher training;
● end of year developmental review.
In addition there are also workshops provided by external guest speakers on a variety of relevant topics. Our lemma is 'teaching learning' and we aim to carry that out at all levels which is why teachers are offered continuous support and advice as part of their development programme during their time with us.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND CURRENT POSITIONS (JOB DESCRIPTION)
Please check minimum requirements before making your application stating clearly for which position you are applying:
► YOUNG LEARNER oung Learner/Teens and Certificate Classes EFL Teacher - Full time position (34 hours/week, 24 of which are contact) teaching young learners (from 12yrs) and adults in the Albany School in CÓRDOBA from 15th September to the end of June.*
► VYL TEACHER for Infants and Kids - Full-time (34 hours/week, 24 of which are contact)& Part-time position (30 hours/week 20 of which are contact) in the Albany School in CÓRDOBA teaching young learners (3 to 12 yrs) and Adults from 15th September to the end of June.*
► EFL TEACHER VYL- Infants and Kids - Part time position (14 hours/week 8 of which are contact) in semi-private mainstream school in MADRID teaching young learners (3 to 12 yrs)from October till the end of May with options to work in September, June and July.*
*All the above posts include paid duties which include: class preparation, student evaluation, teacher development sessions, one-to-one meetings with Director of Studies and carrying out administrative duties (eg. reports, registers etc).
► CONVERSATION ASSISTANTS IN MAINSTREAM SCHOOLS - Full-time & Part-time in Madrid & Cordoba. Depending on location contact hours can be between 10 and 22 hours from October to May
Please send your CV to Janina Crusells via the link below.
● Native level speaker of English or equivalent (C2)
● Education to degree level or equivalent
● A recognised, relevant teaching qualification*
● One year relevant teaching experience with Very Young Learners (VYLs)
● A working knowledge of Spanish preferred
● EU passport or Spanish Work permit
● International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC for UK Nationals). Help given to acquire it if necessary.
● Competent computer user
● At least 2 satisfactory references
* E.g. (for the UK) CELTA; CELTYL; Cert. TESOL; PGCE (TESOL+QTS); BEd./PGCE (+ QTS & 2 years TEFL/TESOL teaching) or equivalent qualification from another country.
Salary and BenefitsSOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS: full national health insurance and social security cover.
PAID HOLIDAYS: According to the school year calendar. There are usually two weeks at Christmas, one at Easter. National and Local public holidays are honoured.
SALARY: Above the National Working Agreement and the national average for private language schools.
FULL ASSISTANCE OFFERED ON ARRIVAL.
We aim to reply to all applications.
We look forward to hearing from you.
For freelance applicants please consult for conditions.
ALBANY SCHOOL OF ENGLISH
Avenida del Aeropuerto
Click here to visit the
ALBANY SCHOOL OF ENGLISH website
- Contact person:
- Janina Crusells Clavería, HR Assistant
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
The International TEFL Institute offers accredited, tutor assisted, all-inclusive Online TEFL Courses – Certificate 120 hrs & Master Diploma 250 hrs. Teach English Abroad and Travel the World. Enroll Today.Click to find out more.