Director of Studies - Cologne
- Germany, Cologne
- marcus evans linguarama
- Experience: 5 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
COLOGNE - DIRECTOR OF SUDIES;
marcus evans linguarama is a well-established, European wide executive language training company which specialises in providing customized language courses and corporate training solutions for professionals and international companies. We have over twenty centres across Europe including eight in Germany. The majority of our training programmes are designed for those wishing to improve their English language skills for specific business purposes. We also organise specialist skills training courses (e.g., English for Presentations, Meetings and Negotiations, HR, Law, etc), Cross Cultural training courses as well as training programmes in a wide range of other languages. Courses are delivered by teams of experienced and committed full time and freelance teachers who possess a degree and a recognised TEFL qualification. The courses take place both at our centres and also in-company.
We are now recruiting for the position of Director of Studies, Cologne starting in July 2017. The successful candidate will manage the pedagogical aspects of the centres and report directly to the Centre Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Trainer or ADoS who wishes to further develop their career in a supportive, well-established and successful professional training centre with a large team of committed and experienced, full time and freelance trainers.
This is a management level position with responsibilities for all areas of pedagogy and quality control. The successful candidate will be responsible for the pedagogical management of the centre. The post includes:
- responsibility for leading and developing the teaching teams - each centre has both a large team of full time and freelance English teachers as well as teachers of Other Languages - through recruitment, mentoring, training, observation, regular feedback and meetings;
- involvement in the whole process of running a course: testing, needs analysis, course programming, ongoing course monitoring and feedback activity;
- involvement in providing pedagogical support for the sales activities of the centres: attending client meetings and liaising closely with the Centre Manager;
- a teaching element;
- general support for the Centre Manager.
- Degree Required
- Preferred qualifications:
- Cambridge DELTA,Trinity DipTESOL
- Teaching experience:
- 5 years
- Native level English speaker preferred
- Applicants should have at least 4 - 5 years relevant teaching experience/other work experience and the Cambridge ESOL DELTA Trinity Dip TESOL or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills; the successful candidate must be a team player.
- A minimum level of A2/B1 in German.
- Experience of teacher training is desirable but not essential.
- A commitment to both the pedagogical and commercial development of the centre is essential.
Salary and BenefitsThe benefits for this position is as follows:
- Salary: 2560 euros per month (13 months)
- induction, on-going training and support;
- opportunities for structured career development;
- a professional, positive and supportive work environment; and
- assistance with initial travel and accommodation.
marcus evans linguarama
More Company Information
Linguarama is a language training organisation specialising in training people in business, the professions and government organisations.
101 Finsbury Pavement
- 0207 614 1900
Click here to visit the
marcus evans linguarama website
- Contact person:
- Daniel Coughlan, Personnel Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Over 35,000 students successfully trained, free guide to TEFL, free lesson planning workbook, access to thousands of teaching jobs. Book your TEFL course now!www.tefluk.com