International House Vietnam - Apollo - Academic Manager at Young Learner Centre
- Vietnam, Hanoi
- Apollo Education and Training Vietnam
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 3
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Apollo Junior specialises in delivering high quality English training to students between the ages of 3 and 17. Our goal is to create a rich learning environment with modern, specialised facilities and teaching focused on meaningful communication.
The Right Candidate
You will show a real passion for teaching and teacher development, with a strong background in teaching Young Learners. This enthusiasm will motivate those around you and you will be ready to identify opportunities to develop, improve, and add value to our team as you grow with us.
Responsible for managing the teaching team and maintaining high academic standards, the LXM/LXC works closely with the Vietnamese Centre Manager to oversee all aspects of Apollo’s programmes within the school. In this role they are supported by the Head of Academic and other members of the nationwide academic management team.
• The day-to-day management of the centre teaching team
• Providing ongoing professional teacher development including:
o Regular teacher observations (training given)
o Teacher mentoring
• Managing communication both within the EFL department and between EFL and other departments
• Assisting in the planning and implementation of marketing and student retention activities
• Evaluation and reporting of targets
• Teaching (teaching hours are dependent on centre size)
• Ongoing professional development
• An excellent range of resources and modern facilities, including IWBs
• The opportunity to work closely with a friendly and supportive team of locals and expatriates
• Academic and personal support within the role
Qualifications Previous training and mentoring experience
Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organisational skills
Flexibility and cultural awareness
BA or MA (essential for Work Permit requirements)
CELTA/Trinity TESOL or equivalent
At least 3 years post qualification experience
Native Level English speaker
Applicants with the following will be prioritised:
Previous experience in a similar role
Specialist YL certification (Cambridge YL extension or IHCYL)
Experience working in Asia and/or a developing country
Salary and Benefits Salary: Competitive salary and bonus
Medical insurance allowance
Twenty days paid annual leave plus eleven national holidays paid per year.
Visa and work permit support including covering costs
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam via the link below.
• Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Mr Tim Barker.
• Please include ‘Academic Manager – YL’ in the subject line of the application email
• Along with an up to date CV, your application should include a cover letter stating your interest and suitability for the post
• Please include scanned copies of your BA/MA degrees, Teaching Certificates and valid Police Check. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Apollo Education and Training Vietnam
More Company Information
Apollo English has been teaching English to students across Vietnam since 1995. Our aim is to be a place where the best become better, and that applies to our teaching staff as well as our students. We offer excellent teaching resources, professional development opportunities, support from an experienced and qualified academic management team and a comprehensive HR relocation support. We are seeking teachers committed to learning and developing as professionals to join our teams across Vietnam.
181-183-185 Pho Hue, Pho hue ward, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi
- (844) 730 02 999
- (844) 397 66 900
Click here to visit the
Apollo Education and Training Vietnam website
- Contact person:
- Mr Tim Barker, Recruitment Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel!www.tefl.com.mx