FULL TIME ESL TEACHERS NEEDED - HAI PHONG
- Vietnam, Hai Phong
- Apollo Education and Training Vietnam
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 3
- Degree Required
Details of Position
Experience working in a fascinating country with a unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern. Apollo is currently looking for energetic, creative and dedicated teachers to join our Hai Phong team.
Hai Phong 1 is the largest Apollo centre nationwide with a dynamic and enthusiastic teaching team of 20 teaching Young Learners, adults and Corporate classes. Hai Phong 2 is a newer center and growing fast, teaching young Learners.
Start date: May, June or July 2017
We have 20 years of experience teaching English in Vietnam and currently operate more than 20 training centres nationwide. Apollo Hai Phong offers a range of classes, teaching young learners (3 to 17) and adults (17+) with opportunities to teach Adult classes, Business English and corporate clients.
At Apollo you can expect:
• A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
• A wide range of resources and modern facilities
• A variety of courses and learners
• Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
• Opportunities for career development
• Planning communicative, student-centred and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
• Participating in professional development activities. These include training sessions, peer observations and developmental observations led by senior academic team members
• Teaching across our range of levels, ages, and courses
• Administering and marking course tests
• Writing student reports
• Conducting placement testing
• Teaching off-site classes, as required
Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 18-25 hours per week. Classes run from 7:30am to 10:00pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible. Whenever possible, teachers are scheduled two consecutive days off.
QualificationsEssential requirements for all teaching positions:
• CELTA / Trinity TESOL or equivalent (100% online TEFL certificates will not be accepted)
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Full mastery of English
• A willingness to teach across our full range of classes
• Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
• Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
• 4 months’ validity on passport
• Experience of teaching young learners desirable
Salary and BenefitsRemuneration:
• Competitive salary with performance based contract completion bonus
• Overtime payment
• Relocation bonus, company health insurance scheme, visa and work permit costs covered by Apollo
• Fully paid leave: up to 15 days of annual leave and up to 11 days of public holidays – (applying to one year contracts)
• Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong. Tax is payable on a progressive scale and averages around 11-12% for a typical full-time teacher
Please visit our website (link below) for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam.
Interested candidates are invited to apply. Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Apollo Education and Training Vietnam
More Company Information
Apollo English has been teaching English to students across Vietnam since 1995. Our aim is to be a place where the best become better, and that applies to our teaching staff as well as our students. We offer excellent teaching resources, professional development opportunities, support from an experienced and qualified academic management team and a comprehensive HR relocation support. We are seeking teachers committed to learning and developing as professionals to join our teams across Vietnam.
181-183-185 Pho Hue, Pho hue ward, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi
- (844) 730 02 999
- (844) 397 66 900
Click here to visit the
Apollo Education and Training Vietnam website
- Contact person:
- Mr Tim Barker, Recruitment Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
International and accredited 4-Week TEFL course in Mexico that will upgrade your resume. The most budget-friendly way to travel!www.tefl.com.mx