BARCELONA – FULL TIME TEFL PROFESSIONALS FOR LARGEST LANGUAGE TEACHING GROUP IN THE AREA
- Spain, BARCELONA AREA (SABADELL & TERRASSA)
- FIAC, Escola d'Idiomes
- Experience: 3 YEARS
- Positions: 4
- Degree Required
Details of Position
As one of the largest language companies in the country, FIAC welcomes approximately 3,000 students per year and currently employs more than 90 teachers to deliver a wide range of courses including Young Learners, Teens, Adults and Cambridge ESOL Exam Preparation courses in our five schools and in state schools, public institutions and companies.
We are looking for 4 qualified, native, English-speaking teachers starting mid September 2017 until June 2018 in our schools in Terrassa and Sabadell (Barcelona). These teachers should be genuinely interested in teaching and enjoy working with both children and adults. Courses are for general English with many students aiming to sit Cambridge exams. Courses are all grouped according to their level and age and take place mainly in the afternoon and evening. There are also private classes, company classes and extra curricular classes in primary and secondary education schools which are held in the mornings and afternoons.
For more information about how you can work with us at one of the most prestigious language teaching companies in Catalonia, please send a full, up-to date, standard CV + picture to Josep Fort, Director of Studies.
Applicants MUST be native-level English speakers with:
•University degree or diploma, preferably related to language and/or education.
•Recognized TEFL qualification (i.e. RSA CELTA, DELTA, TESOL Trinity College, RELSA, ACELS, P.G.C.E., or 4 week TEFL course which includes T.P. to foreign students).
•Three years classroom experience.
•Experience teaching children and teenagers essential.
•Cambridge Exams examiner or with experience teaching Cambridge levels and preparing students for Cambridge exams a definite advantage.
•EU passport holders or native English speakers with current work permit for Spain.
• Since this position involves working with under 18s, teachers will be required to provide proof that they can work with minors (a DBS or disclosure form at the final interview stage). The successful candidate will be instructed on how to obtain an ICPC certificate and a Spanish “certificado de penales”.
•Basic IT skills.
Salary and BenefitsConditions of work are above the average paid by other private language schools in the areas concerned. We offer a mid September 2016 to end of June 2017 contract with a monthly gross salary of 1300 € teaching 21 hours a week during the first year and a permanent contract as from the Conditions of work are above the average paid by other private language schools in the areas concerned.
• Mid September 2017 to end of June 2018 contract with a monthly gross salary of 1300 € teaching 21 hours a week during the first year.
• Permanent contract as from the second academic year in FIAC.
• All teachers recruited by us are legally employed and have full Social Security contract and cover.
• Free annual full medical check-up.
• 2 weeks paid holiday at Christmas; 10 days paid at Easter, 1 month paid in Summer plus all national and local holidays.
• Induction and training sessions before the course starts and ongoing in-house training during the academic year.
• Free Spanish classes
• Felp with accommodation, opening bank account and initial paperwork.
New teachers MUST be based in Sabadell or Terrassa at least for the first two years they work for FIAC.
FIAC, Escola d'Idiomes
More Company Information
After 50 years in the world of TEFL, Grup FIAC has become the leading language teaching organisation outside the Barcelona area with schools in Sabadell, Terrassa and Sant Quirze. FIAC is also the official school of languages for the Catalan Polytechnic University (UPC) in the Terrassa Campus. With more than 70 teachers and about 3,000 students we teach English from Very Young Learners up to Proficiency levels in our five schools and in state schools and companies. As from this academic year FIAC is also an official Cambridge Exams Preparation Centre for the Terrassa University Campus.
C/ Fortuny, 24
- 937 250 279
Click here to visit the
FIAC, Escola d'Idiomes website
- Contact person:
- Josep Fort, Director of Studies
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?