- United Kingdom, Kaplan International Manchester
- Kaplan International English
- Experience: 2 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
•To assist the DoS with the overall management and administrative processes that supports the smooth running of the academic department.
• To ensure the highest quality of teaching is being delivered.
• To have a good knowledge of the KIE Teacher Standards and make reference to these for observation feedback, appraisals and other teaching related conversations.
• To provide teachers with a comprehensive induction, ongoing training and support to enable them to exploit a range of technology tools, techniques and ideas within their blended lessons.
• To mentor newly recruited teaching staff and to instruct and support them in the academic and administrative processes of the school.
• To identify training needs and areas for improvement and to lead staff training and development.
• To monitor and develop teaching and learning resources to ensure that appropriate materials and supplementary materials are available according to the syllabus.
• To assist in the interviewing of prospective teaching staff.
• To work with staff to enable the smooth operation of IT systems in the college.
• To teach a variable lesson bank in agreement with the DoS of up to 21 hours per week, plus additional cover if required.
• To plan and deliver an effective programme of induction for new students, including learner training and orientation within the college.
• To track the progress of students; offer counselling, assign and monitor individual study plans and raise their awareness of the various possibilities open to them e.g., exam courses, Pathways programmes, UPS.
• To manage and update the tracking progress spread sheet on a weekly basis.
• To work with other permanent support staff in achieving the above aims.
QualificationsEducation and Qualifications
•DELTA or equivalent such as MA TEFL/EFL including observed teaching/Trinity Diploma or International equivalent
•A bachelor’s degree as minimum
Work Experience and Knowledge
• Experience of teaching Exams, EAP, Business English and Young Learners.
• Experience and strong interest in teacher training and CPD.
• Experience in teacher observations.
• Knowledge of British Council and ISI inspection criteria.
• E-learning experience
• Academic administration ( timetabling etc)
• Teacher recruitment
• Experience of line management of teachers
Skills and Competencies
• Excellent IT skills, including use of databases
• Has a demonstrable interest in technology and an ability to use technology in an Educational environment
• Demonstrates a high level of customer service practices
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• High level of self-motivation and pro-activity
• Strong training skills and ability to adapt training to suit teacher’s individual needs and level of knowledge/ motivation
• Curriculum /assessment writing
• Able to manage performance and development of staff
All references will be checked regarding each applicant’s suitability to have responsibility for, substantial access to, and care of children under 18.
Proof of Identity and all relevant qualifications will be required and photocopies taken of the original certificates.
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check will be completed prior to confirmation of appointment.
Any gaps in an applicant’s employment history must be explained satisfactorily.
Salary and Benefits£21,500 pa for a 37.5 hour week.
25 days holiday.
K+ Benefits provided, which includes medical & dental cover plus cashback on High Street shops.
There are also plenty of CPD opportunities and progression within the company.
Kaplan International English
More Company Information
Kaplan International English is an exciting company in the world of education with 44 English language schools around the world. We are a leading provider of English language courses for students from more than 100 countries. Our core values define our company culture and provide the framework for what we deliver to our customers and employees each day. Our mission is to help individuals achieve their educational and career goals. We build futures one success story at a time.
1 Portland Street
Click here to visit the
Kaplan International English website
- Contact person:
- Sarah Shinnick, Director of Studies
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Over 35,000 students successfully trained, free guide to TEFL, free lesson planning workbook, access to thousands of teaching jobs. Book your TEFL course now!www.tefluk.com