Teach at English First Zhangjiagang, China's model city
- China, Jiangsu, Zhangjiagang
- EF English First Zhangjiagang
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 4
- Degree Required
Job SummaryEstablished in 2002, EF Zhangjiagang is one of the biggest EF schools in China. We're always looking to enhance our team with more enthusiastic teachers with a passion for living and teaching in China, so visit us at our website (link below) or apply here to get in touch!
Details of Position
Established in 2002, EF Zhangjiagang was among the first English First schools to open in China, and has grown into the leading language training provider in the city. The school boasts an Interactive Whiteboard in every classroom, wi-fi throughout the building, and a specialized computer area. With over 1000 students and 15 academics, you'll never be short of company!
Zhangjiagang itself is a great city. Young, modern and wealthy, just over a million people call Zhangjiagang home. It's also a model city, because the government want this city to inspire others - it's especially clean and green. It's also a Special Economic Development Zone, attracting more and more foreign investment every year, giving the city the 3rd highest GDP amongst cities of its size.
Zhangjiagang has something for everyone. If you're looking for traditional food and culture, there's plenty to see. If you want to witness China's growth first hand, Zhangjiagang is a living, breathing example, with the bustling metropolis of Shanghai just 90 minutes away. If you're looking for a welcoming, clean and comfortable city in which to enjoy your China experience, Zhangjiagang won't disappoint.
QualificationsDue to visa regulations, all candidates must:
- Bachelor's Degree from the UK,Ireland,the USA,Canada,New Zealand,Australia or South Africa
- have a teaching certificate e.g. CELTA, 120 h TEFL, TOEFL*(or willing to obtain one)
- A clean criminal background
*Teachers who do not have a teaching certificate have the option of taking a government sponsored TEFL course on arrival.
Salary and Benefits** RMB14,500 (entry year)-RMB16,500 (experienced)
pre-tax）teacher broken down as follows**
- Basic net salary is from RMB9000 – RMB12900 (15hrs – 18hrs teaching a week)
- Quarterly bonus of up to 40% monthly salary
- Free international health insurance (Aetna)
- RMB9000 airfare (RMB4500 per six months)
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 12 national holidays
- Paid Z-visa, residence permit and sponsored foreign experts teaching license
- Contract re-sign bonus of RMB2000
- A comprehensive induction period, including observations, co-teaching, and 1-1 sessions
- Career development. Opportunities to progress to Senior academic management roles
- Opportunities to take CertTESOL, DipTESOL and courses on grammar, lexis and phonology
- RMB4000 bursary for 2nd year teachers towards further teaching qualifications
- Professional training for new teachers, experienced teachers, senior teachers and director of studies
- Free Cambridge TKT certifications
- Free Western-style accommodation (worth RMB1500 per month), shared with one other teacher
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free online Chinese lessons, with a free HSK examination (the national Chinese language test)
- Pastoral support for living in China
- Referral bonus – 3000-4000 for each new teacher you refer to our recruitment team
EF English First Zhangjiagang
More Company Information
EF English First Zhangjiagang is in its fifteenth year and is established as the leading provider of English language training for young learners, adults and corporate businesses in a modern river port city on the mouth of the Yangtze River in Jiangsu Province, China.
Click here to visit the
EF English First Zhangjiagang website
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Take a highly accredited TEFL course with the established provider TEFL Org UK & become a highly employable, skilled teacher ready to work anywhere in the world within weeks. Start your TEFL adventure today.www.tefl.org.uk