SAT Teacher - Oxford College
- United Kingdom, Oxford, UK
- Summer Boarding Courses Ltd
- Experience: 1 YEAR
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job, Residential
Details of Position
Oxford College SAT Tutors work 5 days per week, with Monday and Friday free.
The teaching timetable for the 5 working days comprises three 90 minute SAT preparation lessons each day and one 60 minute tutorial.
Hours of work are between 09:00 - 17:00; with scheduled breaks in the morning, for lunch and in the afternoon.
There are no further working responsibilities in the evening.
Students will have project work and tutorial tasks throughout the week, this will require marking and feedback.
The post may be residential or non-residential.
Ideally, the tutor is able to teach both the mathematical and verbal parts of the SAT exam.
Tutors report directly to the College Principal and will -
• Become familiar with the SBC syllabus for their specific subjects, materials and resources during induction period
• Teach lessons using the SBC syllabus and other appropriate materials
• Maintain administrative systems by preparing and keeping class lists, records of work, class registers and preparing certificates and reports
• Attend to the individual needs of the students to ensure that maximum benefit is gained from their particular course
• Set assignments as prescribed
• Mark assignments meaningfully, giving feedback relevant to the aims of the assignment
• Monitor and continuously assess students’ progress
• Manage the classroom behaviour effectively and ensure all students participate
• Attend meetings as requested by the summer school management
• Attend teacher development workshops
• Be observed by the Director of Studies
All members of staff have a general duty to care for the students at the college and as such will be expected to carry out the following duties:
• Help ensure that the students do not breach the rules of the school
• Assist at any time, whether on duty or not, with an emergency situation, or where a student is ill or injured
• Assist with additional support if required by the College Principal
BA in languages or a related discipline
Trinity certTESOL or CELTA certificate
Minimum of 3 years post TEFL/ CELTA experience
Experience teaching SAT preparation
MA in languages or a related discipline
Trinity DipTESOL or DELTA
Experience working in a residential summer school environment
Salary and BenefitsCollege tutors receive £550 per week.
Accommodation (if required) and meals are included.
Summer Boarding Courses Ltd
More Company Information
Summer Boarding Courses Ltd, in conjunction with leading UK boarding schools, operates high quality summer courses for international students. Our international Summer Schools schools & Summer Colleges: SBC Oxford, Dukes, Headington Oxford & Oxford University colleges aim to provide every student with the highest standard of teaching, alongside an unique social programme ensuring students have an incredible summer that will prepare them for the next stage of their education
Unit E, Home Farm
- 01943 878518
- 01943 878518
Click here to visit the
Summer Boarding Courses Ltd website
- Contact person:
- Sam Holderness, Director of Operations
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?