Assistant Director of Studies - marcus evans linguarama London
- United Kingdom, London
- Experience: NOT APPLICABLE
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
marcus evans linguarama is an international language training company specialising in needs-related language training for business. We offer a range of intensive and effective courses to major private companies, public sector organisations and government bodies at our twenty centres around Europe. The majority of our training programmes are designed for those wishing to improve their English language skills for specific business purposes. We also organise specialist skills training courses (e.g., English for Presentations, Meetings and Negotiations, HR, Law, etc), Cross Cultural training courses as well as training programmes in a wide range of other languages.
Typically, our centres are run by a team consisting of a Centre and Assistant Centre Manager, who have overall responsibility for the centre; a Director of Studies, who is responsible for the pedagogical management of the centre; an Assistant Director of Studies to support the DoS; and a Sales Manager and sales team who are responsible for increasing sales with current and prospective clients.
We are now looking to recruit a new Assistant Director of Studies for our London Centre. This is a successful and thriving centre with an established, highly experienced, committed team of teachers and a supportive management team. The centre delivers a range of high-quality programmes and we are looking to bring in someone who can contribute to these courses as well as assist in the pedagogical management of the centre. Ideally, the new candidate should be able to join the team by early July before the busy summer period although the start date can be flexible for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Teaching on the Individual and Executive Programmes, Specialist Group Programmes and running Workshops
• Carrying out student testing, needs analyses, course programming and telephone testing
• Assisting the DoS in training and developing the teaching team through systematic induction, observation and training sessions as well as providing daily support in the staffroom
• Providing the DoS and Centre Management team with administrative support (writing and checking reports, checking teaching programmes, monitoring staffroom resources, preparing course profiles, scheduling, updating the database etc)
• Providing general support to the teaching and sales teams
• Developing specialist course materials and/or courses as required
Should you wish to be considered for this position, please send a copy of your CV and an application to either Amanda Summers or Danny Coughlan by the 7th of May 2017.
- Degree Required
- Preferred qualifications:
- Cambridge CELTA,Trinity CertTESOL,Cambridge DELTA,Trinity DipTESOL
- Teaching experience:
- 3 years
- Native level English speaker preferred
QualificationsApplicants should possess the following:
• A degree and recognized TEFL qualification
• At least three years’ relevant teaching experience
• The Cambridge ESOL DELTA or equivalent
• Excellent administrative skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A commitment to pedagogical development combined with commercial awareness
Salary and BenefitsThe successful candidate will receive the following:
• A salary of £29,000 pa
• Ongoing training and support
• The opportunity to develop within the marcus evans linguarama network
More Company Information
Linguarama is a language training organisation specialising in training people in business, the professions and government organisations.
1 Elm Court
- 01789 203910
- 01789 266462
Click here to visit the
- Contact person:
- Daniel Coughlan, Personnel Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?