EFL Teachers for summer contracts in Bristol (adult, teen and YL courses)
- United Kingdom, Bristol
- BLC (Bristol Language Centre)
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 20
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Details of Position
We need teachers who are available for longer contracts (6+ weeks) as well as for shorter contracts (2 - 3 weeks), and who can work between 15 and 25 teaching hours per week. Students will study in multi-lingual classes from Elementary to Advanced level on general English courses for teens (13 - 17) and young learners (8 - 12).
Summer courses are scheduled to run from July 3rd to August 11th 2017, although there could be the possibility of additional weeks of teaching on our main site before and after these dates.
-Planning and teaching classes in accordance with summer course guidelines and materials
-Maintaining class-related paperwork (completing registers and daily lesson records)
-Writing end of course certificates for leaving students
-Attending pre-scheduled teaching team meetings and in-house professional development sessions
-Assisting with the initial assessment of students’ levels and placement testing procedures
QualificationsQUALIFICATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (any discipline)
- Minimum TEFLI qualified (CELTA, Cert.TESOL or equivalent) or PGCE/QTS
- Previous EFL teaching experience with under 18s desirable
- Experience of teaching students between the ages of 8 and 12 desirable for some courses
- Experience of teaching Academic English desirable for some courses
- Newly qualified teachers are welcome and will be supported appropriately
-A positive attitude
-Engaging manner and classroom presence
-Flexibility and adaptability
-Good organisational and planning skills
-An interest in working with foreign students
-An interest in teaching a variety of language levels and class types
-Eligible to work in the UK
IMPORTANT INFORMATION. PLEASE READ:
BLC is committed to providing a safe environment for all students studying on our courses.
- We will require the contact details of two recent and relevant referees who we will contact.
- Any gaps in your CV will be enquired about, and must be explained satisfactorily.
- You will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (or equivalent if living outside the UK), and you will be asked to sign the Children’s Act 1989 declaration safeguarding the welfare of children, and state that you have no known reason why you cannot work with children.
- Official identification including passport and certificates (either originals or certified copies) will be required.
Salary and Benefits£14 - 17 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
BLC (Bristol Language Centre)
More Company Information
BLC (The Bristol Language Centre) has been operating as a provider of English language courses to Adult and Junior students since 2004. We are a British Council accredited language school and our aim is to provide an all-round language experience (English classes, accommodation and social programme activities). We operate year-round and our students come from a wide range of countries. During the summer months we run additional courses for teenage and young learner students on holiday courses.
3 Portwall Lane, Redcliffe
Click here to visit the
BLC (Bristol Language Centre) website
- Contact person:
- Jenny Cannell, Director of Studies
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
The International TEFL Institute offers accredited, tutor assisted, all-inclusive Online TEFL Courses – Certificate 120 hrs & Master Diploma 250 hrs. Teach English Abroad and Travel the World. Enroll Today.Click to find out more.