Senior Teacher Young Learner, Casablanca Morocco, British Council
- Morocco, Casablanca
- British Council
- Experience: 4 YEARS
- Positions: 1
- Degree Required
Details of Position
British Council Morocco is recruiting a professional and experienced Senior teacher young learner for its Casablanca Centre for beginning of September 2017.
You should be a high proficiency speaker of English and have a first degree or equivalent, DELTA/ Diploma equivalent, Certificate in TESOL, 3 years’ post Diploma relevant teaching experience and a professional YL qualification.
The British Council has Teaching Centres (TCs) in Rabat and Casablanca and delivers General English to a mainly Young Learner market unlike most of the local competition.
The strategic priority in the near and medium term, for Morocco Teaching Centres is to establish and maintain a solid platform in the core market – build market leadership, maintain competitive strength, and put in place new levels of operational effectiveness to achieve a surplus across our 2 Centres.
Our strategic focus is to build quality across all the business components to better match customer expectations of ‘value for money’: in the annual and summer school, the pedagogic approach, the premises, parental engagement, communications and the systems for effective programme management. This strategic focus will enable us to see where we can and should usefully standardise all the Morocco business to build brand strength.
Internal candidates please remember to include the full version of your most recent end-of-year-record of performance/evaluation and confirm when the system prompts you that you have discussed the application with both your line and centre manager. Please do not send any applications via email as they will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 24th April 2017. Enquiries about the post can be sent to the MENA Regional Teacher Recruitment team based in Dubai
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. The British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its partners to share this commitment. Appointment to this role is subject to Criminal Records Bureau checks in the UK, and, where appropriate, equivalent systems overseas. This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as spent, must be declared.
• First Degree
• DELTA or Trinity Diploma in TESOL/Young Learners accredited by the QCA at level 6/7 of the National Qualifications Framework OR UK based B.Ed/PGCE Primary, B.Ed/PGCE Secondary (+ QTS in case of PGCE – any subject).
• * MAs in TESOL or related subjects may be considered diploma-level equivalent provided that they meet the required validation, accreditation, teaching practice and input criteria.
• Full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user (CEFR C2) IELTS Band 8/9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module.
• Sector Expertise in Young Learner Programme Teaching and Management - Extensive knowledge of TEYL through substantial work experience in the field and relevant postgraduate qualifications*. Clear evidence of experience of safe planning, organisation and delivery of YL programmes. Evidence of continual building of professional TEYL profile through keeping abreast of ongoing developments in the field.
• 3 to 4 years relevant experience post professional YL qualification.
Salary and BenefitsA very attractive remuneration package including housing and other allowances!
More Company Information
British Council in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) has been teaching English in the region for over 75 years. It has operations in 17 countries and runs 20 teaching centres, based in 12 countries, across MENA. In 2013-14, we reached approximately 76,000 students through our teaching centres and approximately 500 qualified teachers of multicultural background work at the British Council in the region.
Click here to visit the
British Council website
- Contact person:
- Jalpa Trivedi, Regional Teaching Centre Recruitment Manager MENA
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Over 35,000 students successfully trained, free guide to TEFL, free lesson planning workbook, access to thousands of teaching jobs. Book your TEFL course now!www.tefluk.com