Summer School Management, EFL Teachers & Activity Leaders required in London
- United Kingdom, London
- The Liverpool School of English
- Experience: ENTRY LEVEL
- Positions: 20
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Details of Position
Management staff members will assume the overall responsibility for the smooth running of the summer school. This will include ensuring the welfare of all students, as well as management of teachers and activity leaders so a high level of professionalism, flexibility and initiative is required.
Teachers will teach in modern, well-equipped classrooms and lessons will be communicative and designed to develop all four skills, with a special focus on speaking and listening. A scheme of work is provided for all levels. However, teachers are encouraged to use relevant supplementary materials (subject to copyright) to ensure lessons are creative and dynamic.
Activity Leaders are expected to have a good knowledge of London and have the skills and enthusiasm to lead a number of creative and sporting activities. A willingness to work afternoons and evenings during the week and at least one day at the weekend on a rota basis is required.
To apply and view full job descriptions and specifications please visit the recruitment section of our website via the Apply button below.
The Liverpool School of English is committed to safer recruitment and requires all staff members to have read and understood our Child Safeguarding Policy (a copy will be sent to all successful candidates). Please also note:
• All references will be followed up
• Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason why you should not be employed in situations where you have responsibility for or substantial contact with persons under the age of 18. You will also be required to sign a statement in your conditions of employment confirming the same.
• An appropriate DBS disclosure will be applied for at the expense of the school if you do not already possess one.
• Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
• Any gaps in your CV must be explained
• Educated to degree level (EFL Teachers and Centre Management team members)
• CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL or PGCE in English/Modern Languages with ELT/TESOL subsidiary (for teaching roles)
• Previous experience of teaching EFL classes (for teaching roles)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good time management skills
• IT literate
• Ability to work to a high standard under pressure
• Professional appearance
• Enthusiastic and flexible
• Previous experience of working on residential programmes
• Experience of working with teenagers
• First Aid certificate
• An interest in sports/arts & crafts/drama
Salary and Benefits• Weekly salary of between £325.00 and £630.00 (depending on role)
• Deduction of £50 per week for full board accommodation
• Holiday pay entitlement on completion of contract
• Excellent facilities and resources
• Regular CPD sessions and a high level of academic support
The Liverpool School of English
More Company Information
A busy and successful language school in the centre of Liverpool, British Council accredited, offering high standard learning to international students.
Click here to visit the
The Liverpool School of English website
- Contact person:
- Claire McCooey, HR & Training Manager
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?