Summer school teachers for young learners and adults
- United Kingdom, London
- SKOLA English in London
- Experience: NO PREFERENCE
- Positions: 18
- Degree Required
- Short Term/Summer job
Details of Position
SKOLA has been at the forefront of education in English for over 40 years and our goal is to provide the highest possible quality tuition to our international body of students. We provide courses for young learners and adults in Central London. All our centres are accredited by the British Council.
We are looking for enthusiastic, flexible and creative teachers to work in busy summer schools teaching: very young learners (6 to 9 year-old students), young learners (10 to 17 year-old students) and adults for the following centres:
• Skola English in London: young learners, non-residential in Camden Town, London. Courses run between 05/06/17 and 26/08/17
• Skola English in London: adults, non-residential near Baker Street in London. Courses run between 26/06/17 and 25/08/17
All posts involve:
• teaching at least 15 hours of general English classes per week following the SKOLA syllabus. Adult teachers may also teach exam preparation classes (IELTS) or one-to-one lessons
• attending weekly staff meetings and CPD sessions when required
• lesson planning/ preparation
• writing end of course reports for the students
• maintaining up-to-date registers and records of work covered
• conducting placement testing
• participating in student induction
• participating in a staff induction day before starting work
• maintaining a friendly but professional manner at all times
Posts for young learners in London additionally involve:
• supervising activities and excursions around London during the week as well as supervising Saturday excursions outside of London on a rota basis
• break/lunch supervision duty on a rota basis
• preparation time provided on a rota basis
• meetings with students’ parents (upon request)
We offer contracts of various lengths: from 2 weeks to 12 weeks.
We are looking for candidates who work well in a team, are friendly, approachable and motivated. Local knowledge of London as well as previous experience in a summer school is an advantage.
We are also interested in additional skills such as sports, arts and drama as well as music.
In return we offer a friendly working environment, continuous support from the management team and regular CPD sessions as well as other forms of development.
Availability throughout the whole month of July is essential.
SKOLA is accredited by the British Council under the Accreditation UK scheme. We are a member of English UK and Young Learners English UK.
SKOLA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people under the age of 18. Please note that:
• During the interview all candidates will be asked to talk through their CVS, including periods when they were not working. Proof of identity and qualifications will be required at the interview.
• Successful candidates will be required to undergo a DBS check
• References will be followed up. A reference request will ask specifically weather there is any reason the candidate should not be employed with persons under 18. Please provide e-mail addresses and phone numbers of at least 2 referees.
All contracts will commence upon receiving 2 satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Please apply only if you meet the requirements and are available for an interview in London or on Skype. Due to a high number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidates will be required to attend a 1 day induction before the start of summer school.
• First degree
• British Council recognised teaching qualification, at least TEFLI (CELTA or equivalent)
• All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
• CELTYL/ DELTA or equivalent
• Experience of teaching young learners, exam classes
• Summer school experience
• Experience/qualifications in sports, art, music or drama
• First Aid
Salary and BenefitsYoung learner full time teacher rates £360-£390 per week depending on qualifications and experience with opportunities to earn extra payments for Saturday excursions. There is no evening work.
Adult teacher hourly rates range from £14.73 to £17.00 with additional payments for evening activities and Saturday trips.
Holiday pay is paid pro-rata at the end of the contract.
SKOLA English in London
More Company Information
SKOLA English in London is a British Council accredited English language provider based in central London. We provide year-round and summer English language programmes for adults, children and families.
27 Delancey St
- +44 (0) 20 73877575
- +44 (0)20 73883769
Click here to visit the
SKOLA English in London website
- Contact person:
- Mary Staszczuk, Principal
Send Job via Email
Please enter the email address of the person you wish to send this job to.
Like the sound of this job, but not fully qualified?
Train To Teach
Join our TEFL course and start working in Prague right away! Accredited TEFL training with focus on teaching practice. Highly experienced trainers, friendly staff, job guarantee for successful graduates, accommodation, airport pickup, visa and housing assistance.www.teflinprague.com