Welcome to the ELT Career Portal... First time visit? CLICK HERE Sunday 26 October, 2014 
I/We have read and accept the Terms and Conditions of TEFL Professional Network Ltd. (tefl.com) and confirm this acceptance by entering my/our user name and password above and accessing the service.
Forgotten Password?

  Career Centre
  Career Knowledge Base

  Career HelpLine
  Private tuition in the UK
"In April I completed the 100hour TESOL course and am now very excited about teaching English to foreign students. I recently spent two weeks in Malta where I provided private tuition to six Korean students studying elementary and upper intermediate level English. I found this very rewarding and am enthusiastic about continuing this work in England. Any advice you can give me regarding the best way to go about providing private tuition in England and where I might find any information that could help me achieve this goal would be greatly appreciated. "
[Click for answer]
Visit Knowledge Base
Search Knowledge Base:

Teach in Japan - One-to-One Lessons
   E L T   C a r e e r   K n o w l e d g e   B a s e

Simply input your search criteria or browse the complete Career Knowledge Base.

Looking for a training course?
For international teacher training course listings, please consult our online courses' directory.

Want to compare courses?
WhichCourse.com is a searchable database of hundreds of teacher training courses around the world. You can also compare courses and find our exactly what employers are looking for with Which Course - Which Job?, an exclusive current survey of international ELT employers.

If your have an ELT career-related question which is not already included in the Knowledge Base, send us your question here. Questions related to specific training courses, should be directed to the training providers. We regret that we are unable to offer personal replies by email.

The latest additions to the Knowledge Base are also published in our free ELT JobLink DAILY newsletter.

Search the Career Knowledge Base for keywords:

Not find what your looking for? Submit a career-related question

Return to Knowledge Base

I am an English teacher of 10 years standing with a wife and young family. We would both like to travel and live abroad for a while and my professional background does not pose a problem in terms of obtaining employment. However, it is a big step to up everything and move away for what will be a reasonably short-term project. Is there anything I can do to ensure that my family donīt suffer in the long term?

I understand your concern. You might consider a teaching job in areas where they pay well and where, by local law, an indemnity or end of contract lump sum is paid. The Arabian Gulf and Brunei immediately come to mind as possibilities. You should also look into insurance policies for teachers overseas. There are some who offer special benefits to people in your position. I am sure if you research the job market well, it should be possible. Alternatively, a teaching charity or government organisation may well be able to guarantee you work back home or assistance until you get it, at the end of contract.

Search the Career Knowledge Base for keywords:

Not find what your looking for? Submit a career-related question

Return to Knowledge Base

British Council - Become a Trainer of English or Teacher Mentor in Malaysia.

Via Lingua - Train to teach English as a Foreign Language - Budapest, Crete, Florence, Istanbul, Mexico, Porto, St. Petersburg & Sardinia..[CLICK!]

Click for TEFL.com Knowledge Base

City Cost Guide

How much in...

Check your daily living costs Worldwide!
191 cities in 71 countries


  Home   Terms and Conditions   Your Privacy   Disclaimer   Returns Policy   Contact Us   Advertising with TEFL.com   Currency Converter
Copyright © 1996-2014 TEFL Professional Network.