Welcome to the ELT Career Portal... First time visit? CLICK HERE Monday 20 October, 2014 
I/We have read and accept the Terms and Conditions of TEFL Professional Network Ltd. (tefl.com) and confirm this acceptance by entering my/our user name and password above and accessing the service.
Forgotten Password?

  Career Centre
  Career Knowledge Base

  Career HelpLine
"I was looking into taking a year off school and teaching English in a foreign country. I currently speak English, French and Spanish. A lot of the job postings I've seen require a BA. Is this true in all cases? I'd love to become certified but if I cannot find a posting without a University degree there is really no point in doing it yet.Please advise."
[Click for answer]
Visit Knowledge Base
Search Knowledge Base:

Teach in Japan - One-to-One Lessons
   E L T   C a r e e r   K n o w l e d g e   B a s e

Simply input your search criteria or browse the complete Career Knowledge Base.

Looking for a training course?
For international teacher training course listings, please consult our online courses' directory.

Want to compare courses?
WhichCourse.com is a searchable database of hundreds of teacher training courses around the world. You can also compare courses and find our exactly what employers are looking for with Which Course - Which Job?, an exclusive current survey of international ELT employers.

If your have an ELT career-related question which is not already included in the Knowledge Base, send us your question here. Questions related to specific training courses, should be directed to the training providers. We regret that we are unable to offer personal replies by email.

The latest additions to the Knowledge Base are also published in our free ELT JobLink DAILY newsletter.

Search the Career Knowledge Base for keywords:

Not find what your looking for? Submit a career-related question

Return to Knowledge Base

I am in dispute with my employer over my terms of contract. What do you suggest would be the most effective action to take considering that I'm miles from home and require an exit visa.

Probably the most satisfactory and amicable way to resolve the situation would be to try and work it out by talking calmly and politely with your employer while putting your case forward. Ideally a solution might be negotiated in this way. If this is not successful, I would advise you consult your local consulate or embassy. They will almost definitely not be able to resolve the situation but they should be able to advise you of your legal rights, but probably more importantly, what outcomes you can reasonably expect. However righteous you may feel your cause to be, I would suggest you do not take the law into your own hands - you may find yourself in very deep water indeed, given your circumstances.

Search the Career Knowledge Base for keywords:

Not find what your looking for? Submit a career-related question

Return to Knowledge Base

British Council - Become a Trainer of English or Teacher Mentor in Malaysia.

Via Lingua - Train to teach English as a Foreign Language - Budapest, Crete, Florence, Istanbul, Mexico, Porto, St. Petersburg & Sardinia..[CLICK!]

Click for TEFL.com Knowledge Base

City Cost Guide

How much in...

Check your daily living costs Worldwide!
191 cities in 71 countries


  Home   Terms and Conditions   Your Privacy   Disclaimer   Returns Policy   Contact Us   Advertising with TEFL.com   Currency Converter
Copyright © 1996-2014 TEFL Professional Network.